After 3 months of shutdown I am so happy to finally open again! I want to take a moment to assure you that I am following all health and safety precautions recommended by Niagara Region Public Health, the government of Ontario and CAPIC (Canadian Association of Professional Image Creators) to maintain a safe and clean environment to keep my littlest clients and families protected.
Here are my procedures:
- Clients will sign a health screening declaration before any session takes place regarding physical symptoms, travel history and whether you have come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19. If showing any symptoms or have had contact with infected persons, the session will be rescheduled when public health advises it is safe to do so.
- Clients are also required to sign a Covid-19 release and waiver of liability. No sessions will be conducted with out the signed form.
- All payments will be contactless (online-via credit card or e-transfer)
- All sessions will be no-touch posing - I will give verbal directions on posing
- I will check my temperature the day of your session and recommend that clients do as well (we want to be as safe as we can be for your little ones)
- I will keep a 6 foot distance between clients and myself whenever possible. Clients will also maintain 6ft distance from me whenever possible. Clients (ie parents and children) from the same household do not have to physically distance.
- Out of an abundance of caution, during the early stages of reopening, one session only/per week will be scheduled to allow adequate time for cleaning and disinfecting the studio between sessions and quarantining of props.
- Newborn sessions have been converted into a lifestyle/family/milestone session and your new pricing and length of session reflects this change. Sessions will be done in 1 hour, up to a max of 1.5 hours (if baby needs a little more time). One hour is enough time to capture 20 lifestyle images. Should baby (or older siblings) not settle in the allotted time the session will end at my discretion and we can discuss options to reschedule via email or phone call at a time convenient for both of us. The session will not pass the 1.5 hour mark.
- Sessions will be no touch posing – I will provide directions for posing and parents will be responsible for wrapping (with my instructions), dressing and placing their children in any props used in the session
-The studio is deep cleaned and sanitized before and after each session. Floors are mopped and disinfected. All high touch surfaces (chairs, tables, walls, doorknobs, doors etc.) and hard surface props are wiped with disinfectant wipes (ie anything that can be touched). Each backdrop, wrap, gown and soft item is washed. Floor portions of white paper backdrops will cut off and disposed. Camera equipment will be sanitized before and after sessions.
-Hand sanitizer is available to use throughout the session. I will be sanitizing multiple times – before, during and after your session.
- Sessions will be planned with a pre-session consult and all props and items necessary will be decided upon and laid out before the session.
- Outside props (ie items special to clients like blankets, stuffed animals etc) are not allowed in the studio at this time
- Clients will remove their shoes and leave them at the door before entering the studio. Please ensure socks are ones that you want to be seen in photographs as they may show in certain poses. If shoes must be worn, please discuss with me before arrival. Shoes will need to be new, unworn and sanitized
- Clients and children will be asked to sanitize their hands upon entering the studio
- I will wear a mask for the entire session.
- Clients will wear a mask upon entering the studio (young children are exempted) and parents will wear a mask anytime they are not being actively photographed. I have disposable masks for you to wear should you forget yours. Please note- sessions will not be conducted without mask use. There is a touchless garbage can available for mask disposal.
- Clients will arrive dressed and ready to begin their session. There will not be enough time to dress and do hair.
- There will be a designated seating area and clients are asked to remain in this area only when not actively being photographed.
- Parents are asked to ensure their small children maintain the 6 foot distance from myself.
- Parents are asked to prevent their children from touching things unnecessarily, or running around the studio.
- Newborn sessions that include older siblings – the older child will be taken home by one parent so that the remaining session time can be used to capture images of the baby. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Immediate family (ie parents of child being photographed) only during sessions. Unless family photos are being done, please have one parent only accompany your children into the studio.
- Clients are asked to bring their own food and drink in sealed containers. I will have no water or food available in the studio.
- The washroom at the studio is a public washroom shared between the businesses in the office building. It is cleaned once per day. I cannot control who goes in or out nor guarantee the cleanliness/sanitation levels throughout the day. I suggest using it only for emergency purposes (ie go before you come) If using the washroom is necessary I will have hand sanitizer and wipes for you to take with you, if you would like to wipe door knobs etc before you touch them. Please bring them back to the studio. There is no access to soap and water in my studio space. The public washroom is the only option to wash your hands with soap and water.
Studio Mini Sessions
All the above applies for studio mini sessions with the following exceptions:
- mini sessions will be scheduled one client per day with 48 hours between sessions to ensure time for deep studio cleaning, sanitization and quarantining of props.
- Sessions will be limited to 20 minutes in length (including arrival and departure) and include the number of images in your package at that price point
- Only children living in the same household will be photographed together (ie no extended family sessions with cousins, grandparents, aunts, friends etc)
- One parent only will accompany children into the studio – parents and children above 5 are asked to wear masks while not being photographed (unless unable to)
- All family sessions will be done outdoors at an agreed upon location that is open to the public. I will shoot with a long lens to facilitate maintaining a 6ft plus distance.
- Mask wearing is optional since we are outdoors. But I will be happy to wear one myself if it makes you more comfortable. If 6 ft distance can’t be maintained I will wear a mask and ask that family members who aren’t being photographed do as well.
- Group size will be limited to family groups that live in the same house or who are part of the same 10 person social circle. I will ask that members of such social circles sign a declaration stating so.
Phew! That’s a lot! I am looking forward to working again and I can’t wait to photograph your family. I will update my policies and procedures as required by Niagara Region Public Health, Province of Ontario and CAPIC (Canadian Association of Professional Image Creators)